YOUR NATIONAL SOURCE FOR RENOVATION ADVICE AND PROFESSIONAL RENOVATION CONTRACTORS
Welcome to RenoMark
We’re here to help you make informed decisions about the renovation process and who you hire for your project. RenoMark recognizes members of the Canadian Home Builders’ Association who abide by the RenoMark Code of Conduct, so that you can have confidence in your renovation professional.LEARN MORE
5 Steps for a successful home renovation
Learn from a RenoMark Renovator
5 Steps to a Successful Renovation
Past Board Member, BILD (Greater Toronto Area)
The RenoMarkTM logo and our contractor exceeded our promise. We would definitely use a RenoMarkTM contractor again and refer them to others.Kim Ottawa Area
The difference was night and day, it was fabulous. Communication, consultation, and the care they took to make the lining spaces as livable as possible even when they were doing pretty major work. I'd say use RenoMarkTM as one of your criteria.Sydney Ottawa Area
RenoMark Code of Conduct
You can Trust RenoMark Renovators: Professional RenoMark Renovators are committed to giving you superior service. That’s why they agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct, which promises a standard of performance higher than common industry practice.
Code of Conduct:
- Be a member in good standing of the local Home Builders’ Association.
- Abide by all of the Local Home Builders’ Association’s Code of Ethics.
- Provide a detailed, written contract (including a scope of work) for all jobs.
- Offer a minimum two-year warranty on work (excludes minor home repair).
- Carry a minimum of $2 million in liability insurance.
- Carry all applicable licenses and permits as required.
- Maintain a safe and organized work site at all times.
- Return homeowners phone calls within two business days.
- Have access to education, training and professional development.
- Have and/or work only with subcontractors which have workplace safety and employers' liability coverage.
LATEST NEWS, INFORMATION, EVENTS, AND AWARD WINNERS
Stay Up To Date
Home Fest - GTA
Your lifestyle says so much about you—it represents your goals, your dreams and your hard work.
Toronto Fall Home Show
Whether you are looking to restructure, restyle or reorganize, the Toronto Fall Home Show is your source . . .
You are part of the renovation team
The Role of the Renovator:
- Coordinate their work schedule with you.
- Keep you informed on a regular basis: when to expect sub-contractors; progress updates; and when you’re needed for decisions.
- Make themselves available to answer your questions or to deal with changes.
- Honour deadlines set out in the contract, subject to any change orders.
- Respect your home and family and ensure all others on the project do the same.
The Role of the Homeowner:
- Keep the work area clear of furniture and personal items (protect your items and make the work area safer).
- Select materials (tiles, flooring, etc.) on time so as not to delay the job.
- Minimize changes once work is underway, but – if needed – be sure to use a change order and understand the schedule and budget may need revision.
- Discuss questions and issues as they arise.
- Make payments in accordance with the schedule set out in the contract.